Looking at the hands of the time we’ve been given
If this is all we got and we gotta start thinking
If every second counts on a clock that’s ticking
Gotta live like we’re dying
– Who ever wrote that Kris Allen song that kinda reminds me of the Macarena
I understand the point that’s being made here. We should tell those that we love that we love them since you never know when the guy in the car in front of you will come after you with shovel. But overall it’s an awful approach to daily life.
To live like you’re dying…
- Tell your loved ones that you love them (hey this is a good one)
- Seek medical care
- Sell your stuff
- Put your career on hold. Graduate school isn’t going to help you at this point
- Don’t shop at wholesale clubs. Dying men don’t need a pack of 24 paper towels. Buy one roll; you’re dying.
- Have some fun. Go on a trip or spending spree.
So ya, don’t live like you’re dying. That’s stupid and morbid. Live like you have a tomorrow or your tomorrow will not turn out too well. If you need to pretend to be dying to tell those you love that you love them, you probably don’t love them too much anyways.